Friday, November 12, 2010

12 Days of Shopping

Here I am, 12 Days into my new reformed shopping life.  Here's what I have to show for it with notes about whether it was on my Must Have - First Purchase list.
  • 1 pair of black Whitney Pants / Nordstrom on my list and pictured last month
  • 1 3/4 sleeve Black Cotton Cashmere Cardigan with sparkle buttons / not on the list
  • 1 Dark Teal Straight Lace Tank top / not on the list
  • 1 Black Chiffon Cascade Ruffle Tank / not specifically on the list but similar ones pictured earlier in the year
  • 3 pairs Hanky Panky underwear / Nordstrom Sale and on the list.  (These suckers are comfortable. I can't find it in my consciousness to pay $18 - $22 for a pair of underwear, but these were ON SALE for $12 and I could justify it)
  • 3 pairs traditional Felina boy leg underwear / On the list and ones I have been wearing for several years.
  • 2 Ann Taylor Dresses / not on the list but oh, so cute and wearable.
  • 3 Bandeau tops to wear under lowcut tops / Not on the list but a basic wardrobe item and they were Buy Two get the Third One Free and only $6.
  • 1 Black Lace Teddy / Also not on the list but no apologies there.
  • 1 pair of Black Birkenstock sandals / not on the list but a much needed item.

Total damage for my first 12 days:  $590.08.  I had a budget of $600 and came right within the limit. I got a few things I desperately needed and will wait on all the others.  The rest of my must have list I haven't been able to find.  I have searched high and low for the perfect pair of black flats.  I have been to both Zappo's and Endless.Com, neither of which were satisfactory.  I have searched Nordstrom, Macy's, Cole Haan, Bloomingdales, JC Penney's, Ann Taylor, J. Crew (I don't think they know what flats are anymore), and several other shoe boutiques.  I did see a pair in the Tod's store at South Coast Plaza, but I couldn't justify trying on a pair of $495 flats.  That was just a little bit outside my price range!  I also kept my eye's open for a good basic white shirt, which I didn't find but will continue to look and wait for sales. 
I am satisfied with what I have, know I don't really need much else and don't have the urge to look for anything else until next spring.  My old black Coach backpack is surviving well and I have a fall back, red leather bag from Sundance that is still hip and young looking.  I am doing all right. 

Love,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment