Saturday, July 7, 2012

Stress Shopper Redux

As I mentioned a week or so ago, I am a stress shopper. When the chips are down, I go shopping...yadda, yadda, yadda.  You get the drift. 

I don't remember if I mentioned but R has lost his job.  He has been doing contract work for the past two years and the company, as the trend goes in these times, has cut their budget. IT is one of the places they made major cuts, and therefore, his contract.  Simple for them, not so simple for me/us.  I spent over three years supporting our family, one of the years was my Cold Turkey year, and it was Tough, with a capital T.  I don't know I am in the frame of mind to do it again.  I am having a very difficult time getting my head around the fact that it is all up to me, redux.

So, when times get tough, the tough go shopping.  I have been unreasonably drawn to Anthropologie lately.  I signed up for the dreaded Anthro Card and now receive emails with specials, free shippipng, extra 25% off, you name it, I get it.  I don't immediately delete those emails, either.  I right click and download the pictures and off I go, into the world of wish lists.  Unfortunately I don't always just wish...I have not been able to avoid the extra cute and seemingly one-of-a-kind tops they have. I have always loved their clothes, but right now, their ultra cute, sexy and unusual summer tops have me sweating bullets.  My shopping basket was suddenly filled with unique things I knew I should not buy.  I ended up with two from the on-line store, spending less than $100.  And then yesterday I found myself in the actual store, browsing through the sale racks with a host of other women.  I found two must have items and left spending another $100. 

The two new tops are hanging in the closet with tags attached. 

I will report if they stay in my closet with tags, back in the store for a return, or on my back.

Love,
s

Reese Top in Navy/White stripe
Both on sale.  How could I resist?
Passerine Top in white


2 comments:

  1. That Passerine T ank is FABULOUS! If YOU don't keep it...let ME buy it from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Kathy. You are every bit as experienced as I am when it comes to dot-com shopping. There are three other colors! I'm keepin' mine!

    ReplyDelete