Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Showing a little restraint

I just got back from a blissful week in Cabo San Lucas.  And although I was truly on vacation, and had my vacation psyche mode in full swing, nary a thing did I buy.  I know I am done with my Cold Turkey time investment, but I like to think I learned a few things. 

I haven't been the best at showing restraint when it comes to my shopping habits, but I know I have improved.  My thinking is, improvement is better than no change at all, right?  Baby steps have always been my motto when wanting to make changes, and what better way to take small steps than going on vacation and not making a single purchase for myself?  I was "oh so tempted" at the very last minute, but did a quick step out of the shop and whistled my way back to the resort where we were staying.

The thing is, I have a bag of  'things' to get out of my way in the garage right now and I would like to replace those things with nothing.  If there had been ONE thing, that I know for certain would be appreciated once I came out of vacation mode, I may have pulled the credit card out and come home with something.  But I just didn't see that ONE thing and am home with a suitcase full of memories and a lot of dirty laundry.  To my mind, that is a relaxing vacation... 

No comments:

Post a Comment